Sunday, March 14, 2010

Life

I know that I said that the next time I posted that I would post pictures but we are using a "borrowed" computer.They are coming:) I can't say how soon though.

We will finally be able to finish unpacking boxes and straightening up. Does any one know how hard it is to clean up when you are freezing? Quite hard I assure you. One of my greatest annoyances(from a teenage 's point of view) is that you are going to an event and you need that certain item of clothing and you are almost certain that you kept it in your drawer but then again you're not certain...and then you have your whole outfit laid out and it looks great and then you go for that certain item of clothing and it's NOT there. That is VERY EXTREMELY annoying.(and it did happen to me:)

We are soooo happy to finally be in our own house . We are very grateful to Zach and Jenny for letting us stay with them. Thank You!

The most interesting news is that Luke is turning 11 this week!!! Comment and tell him Happy Birthday! Everyone who knows him knows he loves being the center of attention. Heeheeheeheehee! NOT REALLY but comment anyway he will love the birthday wishes!

Tonight we were invited to Trent and Mandy Regier's house for potluck. She asked Mom to bring salad--see, God is taking care of the details because we still don't have our stove yet!

Tuesday night is the talent show at Gateway. Rachel is going to do the story of the prodigal son, A Parable in F. Daddy had been planning to just read it but now that we are here, Rachel is practicing to say it from memory.

Wednesday night, we have Easter program practice. Rachel and I are singing with the high school s. We're singing I Surrender All.

Mom has a Scrapbooking Retreat on Friday and Saturday this week. It is working out good because she kept out her picture stuff, hoping that she would have time after we moved to work on it. Now she can meet some more ladies at church and get to know them and that'll mean more friends for us! :)

We also have our first babysitting job on Friday morning. It is for Jeff & Margo Waibel's kids, Summer and Baker. They are about 3 and 1.

It is weird how your calendar is full until you move and then it is just blank. And now it is slowly filling up again.

Now that we are living at The Tippy full time, we are going to have to go somewhere to post and check emails. We love hearing from all of you though!

7 comments:

The Waldbeser Family said...

Sounds like you guys are finding plenty to do. :)

Oh, how I thought of you, Miranda, as I was outnumbered 5 to 1 in Sunday school today. :) (p.s. us teenagers changed the song. :D)

Hope we can come see you all soon!

Love (and prayers!)

-en

Anonymous said...

Hi Luke--Happy Birthday!!!!!!!! Hope you have a good day. Will try to get your card and gift sent this week,Love ya lots, Grandma

Sheree Olivia said...

Happy B'day, Luke!!! Miss y'all SO much!!!

GO RACHEL!!! I wish I could memorize like you. :)

Miranda, I know EXACTLY what you mean about not being able to find that certain article of clothing that completely makes the outfit. UGH!!!!!!

I really enjoyed reading this post!!! Thanks for keeping us up-dated!!!

-s. olivia

Anonymous said...

So nice to keep track of your doings via this format. I was with Grandma Alma today at the Nursing home and she and I both remarked we are so happy you all are living so much closer to us and we hope to see you more often. Just wanted to say hello and keep the blog going I really enjoy it. Much love to all of you
Barbara

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Luke!!! We love you so much!! Lucky you - you're the first Maibach to have a birthday in Indy!! :) Love, the Wackers

Janelle said...

Happy Birthday Luke!!

love,
Uncle Brent & Aunt Janelle

T and M said...

Good getting to know you all at supper. We will enjoy following your blog. Thanks for being willing to babysit even though little Taitbug ended up sick. I am sure there'll be other chances if you are still interested! Come over and use our computer anytime ( :