Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy Birthday to you.....

Today is Luke's 11th birthday! Mom took him and Rachel and Reed out to Ohio for his b-day. They are going to surprise my cousin Clint,and have Luke's b-day party out there. It sounds kind of funny that they are going to surprise Clint they should be surprising Luke. Who really cares anyway!? I didn't go with them but I did choose to stay here.( I'm NOT in trouble) Easter Program Practice is tonight and the girls group that I am singing in is starting to sing tonight and they are also choosing parts so I wanted to be here for that. I also wanted to be with Daddy:).

Last night we went to the First Annual Gateway Woods Talent Show. Daddy signed up to do something before he knew we were going to be here. He was going to do The Parable in F( the story of the prodigal son with almost all the words starting in F). But since we were up here for it he had Rachel do it because she had done it before and had it memorized!Some of the people sang, some did skits, and some did one man shows. One group did a skit about a clothing store called Sheeps Clothing. Basically a store that sold costumes to any one that wanted to look like someone that they weren't. An example is if you wanted to go out with a Christian and they said they would only go out with other Christians then you go to Sheeps Clothing and get the proper "Christian clothes and accessories". It made me think though, are we just pretending to be Christians and wearing the right clothes and talking the right talk, or are we truly living a life fully committed to Christ? It really made me think and I hope it makes you think to. That was just one of the talents:) Everyone did a great job!


P.S. I was going to post pics today but mom has the camera so I couldn't download them. They are coming:)

No comments: