Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I just wanted to get these posted tonight and I will get back to sharing about the weekend. Janelle had sent me these pictures right before we left for Leo.

This is at Mom & Dad's unloading the truck into their shed. When I look at these pictures, it is obvious why our house is so empty.

And when we got home today, it was really warm in GA, and now I'm hoping that our house sells before warm weather comes--because we have no flip flops or summer clothes here!





Many thanks to the helpers on the Illinois end who unloaded the truck.



Janelle's favorite picture--ours too!



I don't know if I shared this already or not, but before Brent and Janelle came down, he called one evening and asked if there was anything he and Janelle could help us with--would it be helpful if they would come down? I said, yes, right now is when we need the help the most, getting the house ready to show. The realtors want it very sparse and clean, closets mostly empty, etc so there was a lot of sorting, packing, and cleaning to do in just a few short days to hurry up and get the house on the market as soon as possible.

He said, let me talk with Janelle and I'll call you right back. They ended up leaving the next day at noon and were here for about a week helping us. Brent was put to work fixing things that needed fixing. It was nice to be able to say, would you fix that drawer in the basement or touch up paint or whatever and it just got done. Janelle became chief cook and bottle washer, so we were all happier with good food in our tummies! They both helped with packing and everything just got done a lot quicker. I think the children are just as appreciative, because I would have had to depend a lot more on them if Brent and Janelle hadn't been here. :)

Okay, better get back to slogging through the emails that piled up from the weekend. I'll post about Sunday tomorrow.

Love to all,
Julie

3 comments:

David and Larisa said...

Glad you made it back safely.

We're praying that everything else goes as quickly and smoothly as possible, so that you can all be together again.

Love you!

Janelle said...

we had our first crown meeting tonight, and for one of our prayer requests we asked that God would grant a quick/fair sale of your house! so there are yet more in the prayer chain. . .

The Waldbeser Family said...

We thought/prayed for you all SOO much this weekend....can't wait to hear about it. :)

hope you are having a beautiful week -- en :)