Well, I'm still not sure why we had to go through that with the two nonexistent offers on our house the last day of April... It really did try my faith. I was upset and yes, angry about the whole thing that night, but when I woke up the next day, April was over, it was May, God was God and I wasn't, and what else is there to do, but repent and go on?
Sometimes I feel like Peter when Jesus asked him if he would go away too. Peter said, To whom would we go, Lord? Thou hast the Words of Life. I'm not sure if that's the exact words, but you know the passage.
I have a plaque (why can't they just spell it plack? it looks like a disease) in our bathroom that says "O taste and see that the Lord is good, Blessed is the man that trusteth in him." Psalm 34:8 I really did have to pray to keep my heart stayed on that.
This verse is becoming very important to me as I go through life. Only if I truly believe that God is good can I trust Him and put my life in His hands.
How can someone trust God if they don't believe He is good? I think if a person doesn't believe that God is good, but is still trying to trust Him, he would be, as Hannah Whitall Smith said, an uncomfortable Christian. She said someone once told her that if Christians wanted to influence the rest of the world for Christ, then they should be more comfortable with their faith. He said that some Christians carry their faith like they would a headache. They don't want to get rid of their head, but at the same time, it is very uncomfortable to have it!
If the sheep are happy, trusting, and in good shape, it reflects on the shepherd. It says how the sheep feel about the shepherd and His care of them. Other sheep would want to be under His care and in His sheepfold too!
I had to think of that as we were going through the Double No Offer House Test. If I believe that God is good and that He loves us and He has our best in mind, then I am a comfortable Christian and people around me can be influenced for good toward Christ. And the most important people I have around me are four people fourteen and under who are forming their views about God...
So it's okay and I'm glad I can say, God is good and I am blessed to be able to trust Him.
I AM still diligently praying that our house will sell though.
PS. Sunday's afternoon service was a great encouragement to me too. You can listen to it if you want. Click on May 2, Jeff Waibel in the afternoon. http://www.leoacchurch.org/PreviousSermons.asp
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Dear MJ,
This was a great post!!
I'll be praying for your family as you go through this ordeal w/ selling your house...we've had to rent out our suburb home and have had similar things occur.
Stay encouraged, sister!
In Christ,
Mia
Very well said. I'll pray that your house sells soon too!
I've thought of that verse (Psalm 34:8) since you guys left.
Miss you guys lots!! Praying for you!!
Mucho love, :)
s. olivia
Post a Comment